root.cern.ch is down
Axel Naumann
2014-10-16 18:28:21 UTC

root.cern.ch is down. It is likely due to a series of power outages in CERN's computing center. Several machines are affected, the relevant services are informed.

Cheers, Axel
Fons Rademakers
2014-10-16 19:58:33 UTC
Was just at CERN at 20:45. Complete Meyrin site was without light. One of
the main power station had blown up (the same as in 2007, I was told).
Essential services in B513 (computer center) are still running but it seems
root.cern.ch is not one of them and the UPS diesel generators did not last
long enough. So patience.

Cheers, Fons.
Hi,
--
Org: CERN, European Laboratory for Particle Physics.
Mail: 1211 Geneve 23, Switzerland
WWW: http://fons.rademakers.org Fax: +41 22 7669640
Axel Naumann